This easy and healthy version of a classic Paloma drink comes together quickly, has a kick with added jalapeño, and is super refreshing!
What is Spicy Paloma?
This variation of a spicy Paloma cocktail has fresh grapefruit juice, lime juice, agave syrup, coriander, jalapeño pepper, and a kick of booze
This is very popular after the margarita cocktail in Mexico, Mexicans are characterized by a taste for spicy food, but, also in drinks!
Spicy Paloma Recipe Ingredients
- Grapefruit juice
- Agave syrup
- Fresh lime juice
- Jalapeño pepper
- Sprig of coriander
- Chili powder
See the recipe below with the measurements
How to Rim the Glass?
1.- In a highball glass dip the rim in a flat plate with lime juice, in another plate with the chili powder (tajin), gently swirl the rim of the glass to coat
How to Make Spicy Paloma Cocktail
1.-In a cocktail shaker add Tequila, lime juice, jalapeño slices, 1 sprig of coriander, and agave syrup
2.-Muddle gently until combine
3.-Add ice and shake vigorously for 10-15 sec
4.-Strain into a highball glass with ice previously rim it and top with grapefruit juice or grapefruit soda
5.-Garnish with a sprig of coriander and a slice of grapefruit
Variation of Spicy Paloma
Mezcal – If you like that smoky touch, mezcal goes very well with citrus and spiciness.
Habanero – This one is spicier in taste but does less harm to the stomach.
Half and Half – No, it is not cream, if you like the bubbly touch add half of the grapefruit soda and half of the fresh grapefruit juice, you will love this combination!
Serving Ideas for Spicy Paloma Cocktails
I like to serve spicy palomas at various parties and events including the following:
- Cocktail Hour
- Bbq party
- Pool Party
- Birthday party
- Girl’s or guy’s night in
- New Year’s Eve Celebration
- Rim it with salt instead of chili powder
- Remove the seeds from the chili pepper to make it less spicy
- There are a lot of different grapefruit sparkling water brands in the stores so use your favorite. Feel free to use club soda too.
- The use of coriander is optional
You May Also Like
- 1 ½ oz Tequila Blanco
- 4 oz of Grapefruit juice
- 2 sprigs of coriander
- 1 teaspoon agave syrup or honey
- 3 teaspoon chili powder (to rim the glass)
- 4 slices of jalapeño pepper
- 1 grapefruit slice and a sprig of fresh coriander for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker add Tequila, lime juice, jalapeño slices, 1 sprig of coriander, and agave syrup
- Muddle gently until combine
- Add ice and shake vigorously for 10-15 sec
- Strain into a highball glass with ice previously rim it and top with grapefruit juice or grapefruit soda
- Garnish with a sprig of coriander and a slice of grapefruit
· Rim it with salt instead of chili powder
· Remove the seeds from the chili pepper to make it less spicy
· There are a lot of different grapefruit sparkling water brands in the stores so use your favorite. Feel free to use club soda too.
· The use of coriander is optional
Amount Per Serving Calories 373Total Fat 2gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 0mgSodium 240mgCarbohydrates 68gFiber 9gSugar 41gProtein 5g