A spicy versión on the classic margarita we all know and love, this spicy margarita recipe is very easy to make and only requires a few ingredients and come together in minutes, a secret when making your margarita is to take a sip of tequila, that will make it more fun!
I like to try different versions of margaritas and you will love this one, which is spicy, it does not lose its citric and refreshing flavor, the jalapeño enhances its flavor.
Ingredients for Jalapeño Margarita Recipe
Jalapeño margarita come together with the basic ingredients of a classic margarita making quick and easy to prepare at home.
Gather the following ingredients:
- Tequila: The star of the drink. See below for the best tequila for this recipe.
- Lime juice: The lime juice has to be fresh and it will change all the delicious flavor of a margarita.
- Triple sec: An orange-flavored liqueur that provides a
- Jalapeño pepper: cut the jalapeño into slices without the seeds so that it does not have a very spicy flavor.
- Agave syrup: only we need two dashes of agave syrup or any other sweetener, this will balance the sour flavor of the lime juice giving it a delicious taste.
What Tequila is Best?
I recommend the reposado tequila for flavor margaritas, it is kept resting in barrels and gets a more complex flavor like vanilla, oak and a thicker note that will give your cocktail that kick, you could use a silver tequila in this recipe and still produce a tasty cocktail.
How To Make a Jalapeño Margarita?
- Add your reposado tequila, lime juice, kiwi, jalapeño, agave syrup, and triple sec to a shaker or pitcher.
- Shake or stir gently and serve over ice.
- Garnish with a jalapeño pepper or lime wedge and enjoy !
Recipe for a Pitcher of Jalapeño Margaritas
Making Jalapeño Margaritas for family and friends? This recipe can easily be adapted to make a pitcher of five drinks. Mix ingredients using the measurements below in a pitcher with ice.
- 1 ¼ cup reposado Tequila
- 1 ¼ fresh lime juice
- 3 kiwis into slices
- 1 jalapeño pepper into slices
- ½ cup triple sec
- ¼ cup agave syrup or any other sweetener
How to Rim the Glass
To salt the rim of your glass, run a lime wedge around the rim of your glass. Place a thin layer of salt on a flat plate and slowly roll the rim of your glass in the salt.
You can use chilli powder instead of salt doing the same procedure mentioned above.
- 1.5 ounces tequila (any, but reposado is recommended)
- 1 ounce triple sec (such as Grand Marnier or Cointreau)
- 2 kiwis, skinned cut into pieces
- 2 dashes of agave syrup
- 1 ounce lime juice
- ½ jalapeño, seeded cut in pieces (Note: Don´t confuse for serrano pepper looks similar but serrano is thinner and hotter than jalapeño)
- 1 cup of ice
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chile powder or Tajin, optional for rimming the glass
- 1 lime, halved; if using chile or Tajin to wet the rim of the glass
- 1 lime wedge or slice, optional for garnishing
- 1 kiwi or jalapeño sliced lengthwise optional for garnishing
1.-Add tequila, triple sec, kiwi, lime juice, half jalapeño (NOTE – use only ¼
if a seeded jalapeño if you want it less spicy) add the ice into a shaker glass mix gently
2.If you want a chile or Tajin rim, halve a lime, run the lime around the rim,
and them dip the rim into the chili.
3.Transfer the contents into your prepared glass and optionally
garnish with additional jalapeño or lime wedge.
- -Frozen method has better consistency than made on the rocks for warm summer it is recommended that this is a blended frozen margarita and not on the rocks.
- Add a serrano or habanero chile instead of jalapeño as kiwi goes well with those too.
- Turn it into a mocktail by removing the liquor.
Amount Per Serving Calories 384Total Fat 2gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 0mgSodium 1515mgCarbohydrates 64gFiber 13gSugar 33gProtein 5g