Classic Mojito It is a popular recipe for its balanced tangy flavor mixed with fresh mint and a bubbly end that make a perfect cocktail for this hot summer!
What is a Mojito?
A classic cocktail invented in Havana, Cuba. The origins of the drink stem back hundreds of years, but it took off in America in the 1930s when Ernest Hemingway helped to popularize the modern version.
Ingredients For a Mojito
This Mojito recipe is very simple and easy to prepare, just grab the following ingredients:
- White Rum- Light rum is recommended but you can use also a dark or gold rum.
- Mint- Fresh mint leaves will give it that aroma and freshness!
- Lime wedges– will bring citrusy flavor, you can also use fresh lime juice!
- Simple Syrup- It will balance the citrus of the lime juice: you can use agave syrup optional.
- Soda Water-It will give it a bubbly touch, you can use a mint or lemon-flavored one!
- Crushed Ice- Use crushed ice to keep the cocktail colder and a better presentation!
(Scroll below to the printable recipe card for details and measurements.)
How to Make a Mojito?
It was never so easy to prepare the best Mojito recipe!
You must try it!
In a high-ball glass, combine mint leaves, lime wedges, and simple syrup. Using a cocktail muddler, muddle those ingredients together.
Add plenty of crushed ice.
Pour white rum and refill it with club soda.
Stir well, garnish with a mint sprig, and enjoy!
How to muddle mint?
Muddling is gently mashing herbs or fruits to release their juices. This is how you infuse mint flavor into the drink!
Variation of a Mojito
Try your Favorite!
Vodka- If you like a more neutral distillate, this is perfect to replace silver rum.
Mint Tea – Add 2 oz to enhance the flavor!
Frappe- Turn it into a frappe by adding all the ingredients to the blender.
Rosemary- Substitute fresh rosemary for the mint to give the recipe another twist, you will love the result!
Fruits- Try other tropical fruits such as strawberries, raspberries, pineapple, watermelon, passion fruit, and mango to give it another twist of flavors and aromas!
Coconut Water- Substitute soda water for this refreshing and hydrating coconut water for this spectacular recipe!
Basil- Add some fresh leaves instead of mint, to give a different aromatic flavor, you will love it!
Virgin- Turn it into a mocktail by removing the liquor.
How to Make a Pitcher of Mojito?
1.- In a large pitcher with plenty of ice cubes add 8 ounces light rum, 1 cup fresh lime juice (from 8 limes), 4 sprigs of mint, ½ cup simple syrup, 1 lime sliced into rounds, and 2 cups of soda water.
2.- Stir well with a wooden spoon, serve in a highball glass, garnish with a sprig of mint, and ENJOY!
When to Serve a Mojito?
This classic recipe drink has a great flavor and is refreshing for the summertime!
Try it as a:
- Beach Time
- Pool Parties
- BBQ Party
- On a Game Day
- Lunch with Family
- Happy Hour Drink
- On a Summer hot day
- Father´s Day
- In a Pic Nic
You Also Might Love:
Did You Make This Recipe?
Snap a picture and mention: @mixop.cocktails
- 1 ½ Ounce White rum
- 6 or 8 Mint leaves of fresh mint
- 3 Lime wedges or 1-ounce lime juice
- 1 Tsp simple syrup
- 2 Ounces of soda water
- Crushed ice
- In a high-ball glass, combine mint leaves, lime wedges, and simple syrup. Using a cocktail muddler, muddle those ingredients together.
- Add plenty of crushed ice.
- Add white rum and refill it with club soda.
- Stir well, garnish with a sprig of mint, and enjoy!
- Also, you can make it with a cocktail shaker instead of muddling the ingredients!
- Add Dark rum on float to give a kick of alcohol.
Amount Per Serving Calories 222Total Fat 1gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 0mgSodium 45mgCarbohydrates 36gFiber 13gSugar 7gProtein 5g
Nutrition information isn´t always accurate!