Dalgona Coffee you will love this creamy coffee created in South Korea, which gained popularity on TikTok and was a trend on the internet.
What is a Dalgona Coffee?
Dalgona Coffee recipe, also called whipped coffee, is a creamy coffee traditionally made by whisking Instant Coffee, Sugar, and Hot Water to create a meringue-like coffee mixture with a fluffy and sweet consistency.
Ingredients For a Dalgona Coffee
Here’s what you’ll need for this cocktail:
- Instant Coffee- This ingredient is one that many love as it keeps us awake, warm, or simply relaxed.
- Sugar- Sugar is what will give us consistency and sweetness like meringue candy, you can use white sugar, brown sugar, raw sugar, or coconut sugar.
- Hot water- Only a very small amount will be used only to moisturize our mix!
- Milk- Whole milk is recommended but if you are intolerant, you can use soy, oat, almond milk, or any milk you have on hand!
- Crushed Ice- will keep the cocktail fresh for longer.
(Scroll below to the printable recipe card for details and measurements.)
How to Make Dalgona Coffee?
You will love this recipe for quick and easy preparation just in mins.!
Add all the ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl, with a hand-mixer whip on medium to high speed until you create coffee foam or use a whisk.
In a glass with plenty of ice pour cold milk about halfway up then spoon the whipped coffee on top, stir and enjoy!
Variation of a Dalgona Coffee
Here are some of them, just be creative!
Flavored Instant Coffee – Use flavors like vanilla, hazelnut, or mocha.
Baileys- Add 1 shot of this Irish cream to give a kick of booze.
Kahlua – Add 1 shot of coffee liqueur to enhance the flavor!
Marshmallow- Add some mini marshmallows for a fun presentation.
Caramel- Drizzle a little caramel along the inside of the glass tablespoons before pouring in the milk.
Chocolate- finish the beverage with some liquid cholate or chocolate chips on top!
Frequently Asked Questions?
Why isn´t my Dalgona Coffee fluffy?
To make a beaten coffee, if you are using a whisk, it will take longer to obtain the fluffy consistency, it is recommended to use a stand mixer to obtain the result much faster.
Why is Dalgona Coffee famous?
This recipe is very popular in Korea and was a highly trending food thanks to the famous actor Jung Il-woo who tried it for the first time in a restaurant in Macau his reaction was simply amazed at how delicious it was, then became popular in the US after a viral video on TikTok challenge and in Instagram because is easy to make with just a few simple ingredients.
When to Serve Dalgona Coffee?
This stunning drink has a great flavor, and it´s refreshing for any occasion!
Try it as a:
- Beach Time
- Pool Parties
- BBQ Party
- On a Game Day
- Lunch with Family
- Happy Hour Drink
- On a Summer hot day
- In a Pic Nic
Don’t use coffee already brewed because it won’t get the nice, whipped texture, only with instant stuff!
You Also Might Love:
Did You Make This Recipe?
Snap a picture and mention: @mixop.cocktails
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 cup whole milk recommended
- crushed ice
- Add all the ingredients in a medium-sized bowl, with a hand-mixer whip on medium to high speed or you can also use a whisk.
- In a glass with plenty of ice pour milk about halfway up then spoon the whipped coffee on top, stir, and enjoy!
- Don’t use coffee already brewed because it won’t get the nice, whipped texture, only with instant stuff!
Amount Per Serving Calories 247Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 24mgSodium 109mgCarbohydrates 37gFiber 0gSugar 37gProtein 8g
Nutrition information isn´t always accurate!