When listening to Bloody Caesar on automatic our mind transports us to brunch since it is an iconic cocktail for this event in the morning, where perhaps it is our best medicine if we were victims of a night with a lot of alcohol!
What is a Bloody Caesar?
This popular cocktail was created in 1969 at the Calgary Inn hotel in Canada by bartender Walter Chell who oversaw the invention of an iconic most popular cocktail for his new Italian restaurant.
Today Bloody Caesar is part of the traditional cocktails in Canada.
Bloody Caesar is the ideal cocktail for brunch, the recipe is simple and based on Vodka, Clamato juice, Worcestershire sauce, Salt, Black pepper, Tabasco sauce, and fresh Lime juice.
At events you cannot miss a Bloody Caesar and Mimosas station, another iconic cocktail served at a Brunch and why not prepare it from home with this easy and simple recipe.
Ingredients For a Bloody Caesar
As I already mentioned, this recipe is easy to prepare, if you have already made one of my previous Bloody Mary recipes, surely you have leftover ingredients, so let’s check what we need!
- Vodka- is the primary guest of the party, we can use plain vodka or pepper flavored if you like that kick of spice.
- Clam Juice- is a combination of tomato juice and clams, you can get it in any supermarket.
- Fresh Squeeze Lime Juice- The acidity of the lime juice will balance the flavor of the clam juice.
- Worcestershire Sauce- will add vinegar, citrus, and salty-sweet flavor.
- Tabasco Sauce- It will add that spicy touch at the end of the mouth that will make us ask for more sips.
- Salt and Black Pepper- These seasonings will balance our cocktail flavors and extra to rim the glass optional.
(Scroll below to the printable recipe card for details and measurements.)
How to Make a Bloody Caesar?
You will love this Bloody Caesar for quick and easy preparation!
The mix of clamato juice, seasonings, fresh lemon juice, and the vodka kick makes the perfect cocktail!
You must try it!
1.- Rim the glass with salt and black pepper. Put these mixed ingredients on a flat plate, rub a lime along the rim of the glass, and dip into a plate lined with salt mixture.
2.-Add fresh lime juice, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and Tabasco sauce, then mix well until combined
3.-Add ice, pour the vodka, and top with clam juice, stir gently to combine.
4.-Garnish with a celery stick and lime wedge or other garnishes you like and ENJOY!
What are the Best Garnishes for Bloody Caesar?
I love this cocktail because it is like having breakfast and a cocktail at the same time, vodka and only clam juice sounds very boring so we are going to add more flavor to this delicious cocktail with the following garnishes:
- Celery Stalks
- Cocktail Onions
- Pimiento Stuffed Olives
- Dill Pickle Spears
- Pickled Jalapeños
- Pickled Carrots
- Lime or Lemon Wedges
- Pickled Dilly Beans
- Beef Sticks
- Skewer of Cheese
Variation of a Bloody Caesar
Try this variation:
Tequila– substitute vodka for tequila if you are an agave lover this goes very well with clam juice.
Tajin- add tajin inside the cocktail to enhance the spiciness.
Celery Salt- Rim the glass with celery salt, this will provide another delicious flavor!
Tamarind- Substitute plain vodka for tamarind-flavored vodka, this has a spicy flavor that you will love!
Mezcal- If you like the smoky flavor, replace the vodka with mezcal which will add that smoky flavor to the cocktail and give it another pleasant taste that goes excellent with the spiciness of the Tabasco sauce.
When to Serve Bloody Caesar?
This stunning cocktail, it´s refreshing for these hot days!
Try it as a:
- Brunch with friends
- Beach Time
- Pool Parties
- Reading your favorite book
- Lunch with Family
- Happy Hour Drink
- On a hot day
What is The Best Vodka for Bloody Caesar?
Vodka guide for your best choice to create this delightful cocktail!
You don’t need to buy the finest vodka for this recipe, one that is at an average price will work perfectly!
Absolut – It is as pure as vodka can be, having a rich, full-bodied, and complex flavor, it feels smooth and mellow.
Ketel One – Mild aromas of mint, fennel, and hints of licorice, crunchy and refreshing texture. Sweet flavors with citric and smoky notes and subtle hints of white pepper. Memorable silky and vibrant finish.
Belvedere has a soft aroma of vanilla and rye and a creamy taste with a velvety and round finish. Its softness allows it to be served alone, with ice.
Grey Goose – It’s softness and special character characterize it. On the nose, it is clear, fresh, and with an elegant floral aroma accentuated by a subtle note of citrus.
Tito`s – Slightly sweet with a creamy mouthfeel and cracked black pepper spice. Clean minerality with grain character evident and a faint hint of tinned sweet corn.
Cîroc Is made with fine French grapes and a distinctive flavor of the fifth distillation with an exceptionally fresh, smooth, and fruity taste.
Ultimately, if you have your favorite vodka, it’s your choice!
Frequently Asked Questions?
What is The Difference between a Bloody Mary and a Caesar?
Caesar is made with Clamato juice and Bloody Mary is made with tomato juice which is thicker and in some countries like Mexico Bloody Mary is made with Tequila instead of vodka.
What Alcohol is in a Caesar?
Vodka is used.
Is a Caesar Better than Bloody Mary?
I personally don’t think so, it depends on each person, in my years as a bartender they asked me more for Caesar and I think that’s why many people don’t like the thickness of tomato juice and personally I’m not a big fan of this, I prefer the clam juice.
- Rim the glass with celery salt or tajin chili powder.
- Make advance your bloody Caesar mix without alcohol and keep it in the refrigerator only to put ice and a little alcohol and enjoy it as many times as you want!
You Also Might Love:
Did You Make This Recipe?
Snap a picture and mention: @mixop.cocktails
- 1 ½ oz Vodka
- 3 dashes of Tabasco sauce
- ½ oz Fresh lemon juice
- 4 dashes of Worcestershire sauce
- 5 oz clam juice
- Salt and pepper to taste and rim optional.
- For garnish a celery stick and a wheel of lime optional
- Rim the glass with salt and black pepper. Put these mixed ingredients on a flat plate, rub a lime along the rim of the glass, and dip into a plate lined with salt.
- Add fresh lime juice, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and Tabasco sauce, then mix well until combined.
- Add ice, then pour the vodka and top with clam juice, stir gently to combine.
- Garnish with a celery stick and some other sorts of garnishes you like and ENJOY!
- Rim the glass with celery salt or tajin chili powder.
- Make advance your bloody Caesar mix without alcohol and keep it in the refrigerator only to put ice and a little alcohol and enjoy it as often as you want!
Amount Per Serving Calories 133Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 4mgSodium 709mgCarbohydrates 10gFiber 3gSugar 2gProtein 1g
Nutrition information isn´t always accurate!