Amarula Cocktail has an exquisite creamy flavor and the texture of its fruit with hints of caramel makes it excellent for preparing this delicious Amarula Martini as a digestive after a delicious dinner.
What is an Amarula Cocktail?
Amarula is a cream liqueur made from sugar, cream, and fermented marula fruit. It is a fruit from South Africa that grows on the marula trees, the alcohol content reaches 17% and it has a creamy flavor with a taste of caramel and fruit. In 1983 it was marketed as an alcoholic beverage and its marketing has been growing in different countries.
It wasn’t until recently that I got to taste Amarula Cream Liqueur again thanks to my friend Dustin who made me a delicious adult milkshake cocktail with milk and chocolate powder MILO that reminded me of my childhood!
Did you know that marula fruit is the favorite snack of elephants in South Africa? The trees grow very tall, but thanks to their long noses, elephants can treat themselves to this delight! That´s why the bottle has a shape of an African elephant.
Let’s go to the ingredients for this delicious Amarula Martini, the base is Vodka-flavored Vanilla, Amarula liqueur, Peanut Butter, Milk, Peanut powder, optional Whip Cream, and Chocolate Curls as a topic.
Ingredients For an Amarula Cocktail
You will love to make this simple recipe; you will get your creativity to decorate your cocktail and it will look very colorful!
- Vodka-flavored Vanilla- If you don’t have this flavor of vodka, don’t worry, you can add a teaspoon of vanilla essence and give that touch of flavor to the creaminess of this martini.
- Amarula Liqueur- This is the star of the cocktail, its creaminess mixed with the rest of the ingredients will delight anyone!
- Peanut Butter- The thick consistency of this ingredient will help us to rim the glass and be able to adhere to the peanut powder.
- Whole Milk- Feel free to use the type of milk you want to give our martini more consistency!
- Peanut powder- Crush some peanuts to be able to use it in the rim of the glass, this will enhance the flavor of the cocktail when we take a sip!
- Whip Cream- If you love whipped cream you will love to finish it with this one, it will provide a nice view and flavor to the cocktail!
- Chocolate Curls- Add the topic you want; chocolate goes very well!
- Irish Whiskey- another spirit to combine with all the ingredients of this recipe.
(Scroll below to the printable recipe card for details and measurements.)
How to Make an Amarula Cocktail?
You will love this Amarula Cocktail for quick and easy preparation!
You must try it!
1.-Rim the glass with peanut butter and peanut powder. Put these ingredients separately on a flat plate and start coating the rim of the glass with the peanut butter and then dip it into the peanut powder, rotating the glass until it is completely covered.
2.-In a cocktail shaker with ice, add Vodka flavored vanilla, Amarula cream liqueur, peanut butter, milk, chocolate curls, and peanut powder.
3.-Shake vigorously for 5-8 sec.
4.-Strain into prepared glass then add whipped cream and finish it with chocolate curls or chocolate syrup.
Variation of an Amarula Cocktail
When preparing this cocktail, you will let your imagination fly by adding or removing ingredients in your pantry, it is very fun to prepare in 5 min!
Try this variation:
Rum– substitute Vodka for Dark rum will give a more complex touch to its flavor!
Espresso- Make it like an espresso martini adding some caffeine to this cocktail.
Coffee Ice Cream- Add a big scoop to enhance the coffee flavor and give it creaminess!
Coconut Milk- Amarula with coconut is an excellent mix for this cocktail!
Hot Chocolate- for those cold days, a mug of Amarula hot chocolate and some marshmallows to keep you warm!
Kahlua-add a shot of coffee liqueur or Baileys to enhance the flavor.
Frozen- Make it frozen Mudslide type for those hot days!
When to Serve Amarula Cocktail?
This stunning cocktail, it´s refreshing for these hot days!
Try it as a:
- Beach Time
- Pool Parties
- Reading your favorite book
- Lunch with Family
- Happy Hour Drink
- On a hot day
- After Dinner
- Christmas Cocktail
What is The Best Vodka for Amarula Cocktail?
As I mentioned before, you don’t need to prepare your cocktail with flavored vodka, you can use regular vodka.
You don’t need to buy the finest vodka for this recipe, one that is at an average price will work perfectly!
Absolut – It is as pure as vodka can be, having a rich, full-bodied, and complex flavor, it feels smooth and mellow.
Ketel One – Mild aromas of mint, fennel, and hints of licorice, crunchy and refreshing texture. Sweet flavors with citric and smoky notes and subtle hints of white pepper. Memorable silky and vibrant finish.
Belvedere has a soft aroma of vanilla and rye and a creamy taste with a velvety and round finish. Its softness allows it to be served alone, with ice.
Grey Goose – It’s softness and special character characterize it. On the nose, it is clear, fresh, and with an elegant floral aroma accentuated by a subtle note of citrus.
Tito`s – Slightly sweet with a creamy mouthfeel and cracked black pepper spice. Clean minerality with grain character evident and a faint hint of tinned sweet corn.
Cîroc Is made with fine French grapes and a distinctive flavor of the fifth distillation with an exceptionally fresh, smooth, and fruity taste.
In the end, if you have your favorite vodka, it’s your choice!
Frequently Asked Questions?
Is Amarula Sold in the USA?
Yes, you can easily find it in grocery stores in the liquor section.
Is Amarula Strong Alcohol?
It is not, it is only 17% alcohol which makes it very smooth to drink or mix with other spirits.
Can you Drink Amarula Straight?
Due to its flavor and low alcohol content, it is very easy to drink straight or with ice cubes.
- Use powdered peanut butter for a better solution.
- Prepare the glasses and leave them for 15 minutes in your freezer before preparing the cocktail to obtain frozen glasses that will help us keep our cocktail cold for longer.
You Also Might Love:
- 1 oz Vodka flavored vanilla
- 3 oz Amarula liqueur
- 1 oz Whole milk
- 1 Teaspoon peanut butter
- 2 tablespoon peanut powder
- 2 Teaspoon chocolate curls
- 1 cup whipped cream
- For garnish top with whipped cream and chocolate curls optional
- Rim the glass with peanut butter and peanut powder. Put these ingredients separately on a flat plate and start coating the rim of the glass with the peanut butter and then dip it into the peanut powder, rotating the glass until it is completely covered.
- Add Vodka flavored vanilla, Amarula liqueur, peanut butter, milk, chocolate curls, and peanut powder in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake vigorously for 5-8 sec.
- Strain into a prepared glass, add whipped cream and finish with chocolate curls or syrup.
- Prepare the glasses and leave them for 15 minutes in your freezer before preparing the cocktail to obtain frozen glasses that will help us keep our cocktail cold longer.
Amount Per Serving Calories 829Total Fat 32gSaturated Fat 14gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 56mgSodium 139mgCarbohydrates 73gFiber 2gSugar 56gProtein 10g
Nutrition information isn´t always accurate!