The Grilled Pineapple Mojito is a delightful and innovative twist on the classic mojito. Combining the tropical flavors of grilled pineapple with the refreshing basil leaves and fresh lime juice, this cocktail is a perfect choice for a summer gathering or a relaxing evening by the pool.
What is Grilled Pineapple Mojito?
Grilled Pineapple Basil Mojito is a flavorful and refreshing cocktail that combines the tropical sweetness of grilled pineapple with the aromatic freshness of basil and the zesty tang of lime wedges. It’s a delightful twist on the classic Mojito cocktail.
The charred sweetness of the pineapple adds a unique depth to the drink, making it a favorite among cocktail enthusiasts. In this recipe, we will guide you through the process of creating this mouthwatering and refreshing drink that will transport you to a tropical paradise.
Ingredients For Grilled Pineapple Mojito
To make a Grilled Pineapple Basil Mojito, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Rum- Choose your favorite distillate, it can be white rum or dark rum!
- Grilled Pineapple Chunks- You can use pineapple juice too.
- Basil– Basil can add a unique and refreshing flavor to drinks. Its flavor is often described as herbaceous, slightly sweet, and slightly spicy.
- Lime Wedges- When lime and grilled pineapple are combined, the tartness of the lime will cut through the sweetness of the pineapple, creating a harmonious blend of sweet, spicy, and smoky flavors.
- Club Soda- Tastes clean and crisp. It is a carbonated water that contains minerals such as sodium bicarbonate, potassium sulfate, and sodium chloride. These minerals give soda a slightly alkaline taste, which can help balance the acidity of other ingredients in a drink.
- Simple Syrup- Will maintain the balance of the acidity of the pineapple and lime.
- Crushed Ice- It will keep the cocktail cold for longer!
(Scroll below to the printable recipe card for details and measurements.)
How to Make Grilled Pineapple Mojito?
It was never so easy to prepare this gorgeous tropical smoked Recipe!
It was never so easy to prepare this Mojito!
You must try it!
In a highball glass, combine grilled pineapple chunks, basil leaves, lime wedges, and simple syrup. Using a cocktail muddler, muddle those ingredients together.
Add plenty of crushed ice.
Add white rum and refill it with club soda.
Stir well, garnish with slices of grilled pineapple, and a sprig of fresh basil leaves, and enjoy!
How to muddle?
Muddling is gently mashing herbs or fruits to release their juices. This is how you infuse basil, mint, rosemary, or any other herb flavor into the drink!
Variation of Grilled Pineapple Mojito
Try your Favorite!
Coconut Rum- Swap the white or dark rum for coconut-flavored rum (Malibu) to enhance the tropical flavor, you will love the result.
Lemon Juice- Make it sour, adding 1 ounce of freshly squeezed juice instead of lime juice!
Pineapple Juice- Add some fresh pineapple juice to enhance the flavor!
Mint- Add a few fresh mint leaves instead of basil for a fresher, more aromatic flavor.
Bitter- Use a few drops of orange bitter to enhance the citrus flavor!
Frozen- Add all the ingredients in a blender until smooth!
Vanilla- Use a stick or drops of essence to give that aromatic and delicious flavor!
Mint- Prepare it as the original recipe with fresh mint!
Mocktail-Turn it into a pineapple mojito mocktail by removing the alcohol!
When to Serve Grilled Pineapple Mojito?
A grilled pineapple mojito is a delicious and refreshing cocktail that can be served on various occasions. Here are some suggestions on when to serve this delicious drink:
Summer parties or barbecues: The combination of grilled smoky pineapple and the minty freshness of a mojito makes it a perfect choice for outdoor gatherings, such as backyard barbecues, pool parties, or trips to the beach. The tropical flavors and coolness of the drink complement the hot weather and create a summery atmosphere.
Cocktail Nights – If you’re hosting a cocktail party or themed event, a grilled pineapple mojito can be a unique and intriguing addition to your drink menu. Add a twist to the classic mojito recipe, making it a standout option that will impress your guests.
Special Occasions: The vibrant flavors and presentation of a grilled pineapple mojito make it suitable for celebratory events like birthdays, anniversaries, or even weddings. The visually appealing combination of grilled pineapple chunks, crushed mint leaves, and garnishes can enhance the cocktail presentation and make it a memorable part of the occasion.
Relaxing Afternoons – If you are looking to wind down after a long day or just enjoy a refreshing drink on a quiet evening, a grilled pineapple mojito can be a fantastic option. Its tropical flavors transport you to a beachside paradise, creating a relaxing and calming experience.
In short, you can enjoy a grilled pineapple mojito whenever you are craving a refreshing and tropical cocktail. Do not hesitate to serve it at any social gathering, celebration or intimate moment in which you want to savor the flavors of summer and enjoy a delicious drink.
What is The Best Rum for Grilled Pineapple Mojito?
This guide to rum is intended to understand each type of rum that exists and based on that, decide which one suits your style!
Light Rum (also called Silver or White Rum)
Visually lighter and with quite a subtle flavor, most light rums are highly filtered, although a few brands don’t filter, so these ones may still have a little coloration. You can put them in your Daiquiri and Mojito’s, they don’t have a strong flavor so can be good in fruity cocktails.
Gold or Amber Rum
These rums can be either aged or not. If aged, this golden-brown rum has a rich taste due to it being stored in wooden or oak barrels, making it fuller-bodied and more characterful than its lighter counterparts. A Pina Colada is great with a golden rum!
Dark in hue with a much stronger flavor than other rums, coming mostly from the abundance of added spices, they’re heavy in molasses and sometimes caramel tones.
You guessed it from the name… it’s spiced! And for every brand, the exact spices used are always kept secret. Caramel and vanilla flavorings are often added too. This rum is mostly gold in color but can even be dark.
After understanding a bit of this guide, you can choose the one that best suits your palate or simply experiment until you find your favorite rum.
Choose sweet, ripe pineapples: The flavor of your grilled pineapple mojito depends on using the best pineapple. Look for pineapples that are ripe, fragrant, and golden in color. This will ensure that your cocktail tastes naturally sweet and juicy pineapple.
Muddle Ingredients: In a cocktail shaker mix a few chunks of grilled pineapple with fresh basil leaves. This will release the flavors and aromas of the basil and help infuse the pineapple flavor into the cocktail.
Garnish Creatively – When serving your grilled pineapple mojito, consider garnishing it with a grilled pineapple stem, a sprig of basil, or even a pineapple leaf. This not only adds visual appeal but also enhances the tropical aesthetic of the cocktail.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Snap a picture and mention: @mixop.cocktails
- 1 ½ oz White rum.
- 1 cup grilled pineapple chunks.
- 6 or 8 Mint leaves of fresh basil.
- 3 Lime wedges or 1 oz fresh lime juice.
- 1 Tsp simple syrup.
- 2 oz soda water.
- 1 cup crushed ice.
- In a high-ball glass, combine grilled pineapple chunks, basil leaves,
lime wedges, and simple syrup. Using a cocktail muddler, muddle those
- Add plenty of crushed ice.
- Add white rum and refill it with club soda.
- Stir well, garnish with slices of grilled pineapple, and a sprig of
fresh basil leaves, and enjoy!
- Choose sweet, ripe pineapples: The flavor of your grilled pineapple mojito depends on using the best pineapple. Look for pineapples that are ripe, fragrant, and golden in color. This will ensure that your cocktail tastes naturally sweet and juicy pineapple.
- MuddleIngredients: In a cocktail shaker mix a few chunks of grilled pineapple with fresh basil leaves. This will release the flavors and aromas of the basil and help infuse the pineapple flavor into the cocktail.
- GarnishCreatively –When serving your grilled pineapple mojito, consider garnishing it with grilled pineapple stem, a sprig of basil, or even a pineapple leaf. This not only adds visual appeal but also enhances the tropical aesthetic of the cocktail.
Amount Per Serving Calories 366Total Fat 1gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 0mgSodium 52mgCarbohydrates 74gFiber 14gSugar 43gProtein 6g
Nutrition information isn´t always accurate!
You Also Might Love:
Check out a few more summer cocktail recipes:
The sweetness of the raspberries makes this Ruby Red Raspberry Cocktail perfectly balanced with the citrus of the grapefruit and the touch of the elderflower liqueur creating this exquisite cocktail on the palate and beautiful to look at!
Moscow mule is popularly served in a copper mug, which takes on the cool temperature of the liquid.
This cocktail with fresh blueberries, a touch of ginger beer, and a kick of vodka is super refreshing on these hot days!
There is nothing more refreshing than a cocktail made with delicious red watermelon and mint!
This summer cocktail will quench your thirst and your palate with its exquisite tropical flavor!
White Sangria is the perfect recipe for this summer and to celebrate this 4th of July with a refreshing, harmonious cocktail full of fruity flavor that everyone will love!