Blood Orange Mule is a twist on the traditional recipe of the famous Moscow Mule, Blood Orange gives an incredible color to this delicious and refreshing cocktail!
What is a Blood Orange Mule?
Blood Orange Mule is a bubbly, refreshing, spicy citrus cocktail with a bright color!
The citric and color obtained from the Blood orange plus the refreshing Leaves of mint, the tartness of the freshly squeezed Lemon juice, and the spiciness and bubbly of the Blood orange-flavored ginger beer with a kick of Vodka make a perfectly balanced cocktail to experience the complexity of flavors!
Moscow mule is popularly served in a copper mug, which takes on the cool temperature of the liquid. In this case, I decided to use a short and transparent glass to delight the eye with its beautiful bright red color!
Blood Orange Mule Ingredients
- Freshly blood orange juice
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Sprig of fresh mint
- Ginger beer-flavored blood orange
See the recipe below with the measurement!
What Does Blood Orange Mule Taste Like?
It´s a refreshing, fun, tart, and fruity cocktail. It´s also smooth, and spicy, it has everything you´d want from a refreshing cocktail!
One more important thing is that by using fresh lemon juice you are also not only consuming a refreshing cocktail but also strengthening your immune system due to vitamin C, it is another excuse to prepare it!
How to Make a Blood Orange Mule?
1.-In a cocktail shaker add all the ingredients
2.-Muddle gently until combined
3.-Add ice and shake vigorously for 5-8 sec
4.-Strain it into a short glass or mule mug optional and garnish with a slice of blood orange and a sprig of mint, serve, and enjoy!
What is The Best Vodka for a Blood Orange Mule?
Well, this vodka issue is a bit tricky, because the traditional vodka has soft flavorings and is colorless, this makes it difficult to say which is the best but if we can measure the qualities, and not necessarily the best is the most expensive!
Here are some recommendations for medium-priced vodka that are great for cocktails!
· Ketel One – Mild aromas of mint, fennel, and hints of licorice, crunchy and refreshing texture. Sweet flavors with citric and smoky notes and subtle hints of white pepper. Memorable silky and vibrant finish.
· Belvedere – It has a soft aroma of vanilla and rye and a creamy taste with a velvety and round finish. Its softness allows it to be served alone, with ice
· Grey goose – Its softness and unique character characterize it. The nose is clear, and fresh, and has an elegant floral aroma accentuated by a subtle citrus note.
· Tito`s – Slightly sweet with a creamy mouthfeel and cracked black pepper spice. Clean minerality with grain character evident and a faint hint of tinned sweet corn.
· Ciroc – It is made with fine French grapes and the fifth distillation a distinctive flavor with an exceptionally fresh, smooth, and fruity taste.
If you have your favorite brand of vodka, it’s your choice!
Variation of Blood Orange Mule
It is worth mentioning that this cocktail is one of my favorites and I love the number of flavors with which you can try this twist on a traditional recipe such as Watermelon Moscow Mule or something more tropical like this Pineapple Mule recipe, below I will mention more variations that you can create to get the cocktail of your choice!
Tequila – If you don’t like vodka because it is a distillate without much flavor, change it to tequila, which depending on its type can have more complex and aromatic flavors.
Tropical fruits – Change the flavor to passion fruit, strawberry, cucumber, grapefruit, orange, or peach, there are countless options of your choice!
Frozen – Prepare it frozen, putting all the ingredients in the blender except for the ginger beer, you will put this at the end.
Spicy: If the spicy flavor of ginger beer is not enough, you can still enhance the spiciness by adding a few pieces of habanero or jalapeño peppers.
Flavored Ginger Beer: Currently, mixology is a hit and that is why we can find an infinite number of different flavors of ginger beer, be creative and make your own combinations!
If you decide to create a habanero or jalapeño mule, remove the seeds so you don’t get a very spicy cocktail.
Other Variations of Mules You Might Love
Did You Make This Recipe?
Snap a picture and mention: @mixop.cocktails
- 1 ½ oz Vodka
- 2 oz blood orange juice
- ½ oz Fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 4 or 6 leaves of fresh mint
- Finish by pouring ginger beer-flavored blood orange on the top
- In a cocktail shaker add all the ingredients
- Muddle gently until combined
- Add ice and shake vigorously for 5-8 sec
- Strain it into a short glass or mule mug optional and garnish with a slice of blood orange and a sprig of mint, serve, and enjoy!
If you decide to create a habanero or jalapeño mule, remove the seeds so you don't get a very spicy cocktail.
Amount Per Serving Calories 383Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 29mgCarbohydrates 73gFiber 3gSugar 65gProtein 2g
Nutrition information isn´t always accurate!